Tuesday, April 3, 2007

It's late afternoon and I'm sitting by the pool watching the boys splash and play. Chris is so athletic and coordinated, I love to watch him in the water. He does flips, dives, and other tricks. He tries to imitate a dolphin jump and a whale breaching. He's too funny. Sam is fun, he tries to keep up with Chris and does a pretty good job. He likes to pretend to sumo wrestle on the side of the pool, the loser get pushed in. Marcus has improved so much in his swimming, I can't even believe it. Last summer he didn't even want to get his face wet, and now he is swimming and diving and dunking and splashing. I think that Noah is part fish. He has no fear, jumps of the side of the pool, tries to swim, and basically scares the crap out of me. He looks like a water creature. He has arm floaties, goggles, crazy hair. Everyone here is enchanted with him.

Chris and I had a security briefing today. It is necessary to have one in order to get our ID card for the embassy. It was interesting, we learned what we need to worry about, mostly bad drivers, and how to be safe. It was also interesting to learn a little about the security at the embassy.

Today all four boys also got vaccinated against yellow fever. They didn't like it, but it's necessary if we travel outside of the city. They are good for ten years, but I don't think I'll tell them that flu season is coming up, and that maybe they need rabies vaccinations...

I have started Spanish class, it's a good thing. I have found that I know a lot of vocabulary, and I can even understand most things, except at church, but I have no idea how to converse and use grammar. I am lucky that I have one on one lessons for a few weeks, when I get a little better, I will join a class. I hope that I can soon feel comfortable getting around the city, and getting the dry cleaning and laundry done, because right now I am pretty intimidated.

The kids are out of school this week. They are starting to fight and tease. I can only hope that this week will go fast!

No comments: