Saturday, November 10, 2007

Graffiti Artist 2

The saga continues...

I am going to have to hide all writing instruments. Everyone of them, the pens, pencils, markers, crayons, Sharpies. All. Without exception.

Kevin called me upstairs last night and asked me why I was drawing on the walls. Apparently, when questioned about the drawing, Noah told Kevin that I had done it. I denied it, because clearly I didn't do it. If I drew on the wall it would be colorful, and have a rainbow, with a sun peeking out from behind a cloud. And there would definitely be a unicorn. Or Pegasus.

So I asked Noah who drew on the wall. He told me that it must be Sam. Sam drew on the wall. I pointed out that the size and location of the drawing led me to believe that someone exactly his height had executed the drawing, but he assured me that it was Sam. Or Marcus. But definitely not him.

I asked, "Noah tell me the truth, who drew on the wall?"

He told me, "Sam did."

By this time Kevin and I are both frustrated not so much about the drawing, but about Noah's ability to lie very convincingly to both of his parents.

Then Kevin asked him, "Do you know the what the truth is?"

His response, "Yes."

Kevin: "If I said you were a girl, would that be the truth?"

Noah: "No."

Kevin: "If I said you were a boy, is that the truth?"

Noah: "Yes."

Kevin: "Okay, then who drew on the wall?"

Noah: "Sam. Or Marcus. Or Mom."

Me: "Noah, you drew on the wall, right?"

Noah, rolling his eyes: "Yes."

Kevin: "Who drew on the wall?"

Noah: "Sam."

He is really good at lying, he looks us straight in the eyes, no funny faces, no smiling, he is dead serious. We are in so much trouble. I can just see it--

Me, to sixteen year old Noah: "Noah, who's beer cans are in the garbage?"

Noah: "Sam's. Or Dad's."

Or--

Me, to sixteen year old Noah: "What happened to the car while you were out?

Noah: "You wrecked it. Or Dad. Or Sam."

Scary!

On a more positive note, I'm thinking I will start a business with his artistic talent. I'm going to get T-shirts printed up that say, "Because I was tired of drawing on paper," and then I'm going to have Noah draw on them. Then I'm going to sell them on the Internet for $24.99, plus shipping and handling. Because when he is a famous artist, they will be worth much, much more.

No comments: