Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Graffiti Artist

As long as he has been able to hold a pencil, Noah has loved drawing on walls. We have a lovely example on the wall in our house in Salt Lake City, executed in black Sharpie. He has also decorated the floor of our Salt Lake house, and some other areas in a variety of media. He is most adept at drawing in Sharpie, but also has proficiency in ink, pencil, chalk (my personal favorite), and crayon.

Yesterday my maid told me that Noah had drawn on the walls with a pen. I asked Noah, after I found the small masterpieces, why he drew on the walls. Our conversation went as follows:

Me: "Noah, why did you draw on the wall? I just gave you like, ten pieces of paper."

Noah: "Hmm, I was tired of drawing on paper."

Yeah, well guess what Noah? I'm tired of cleaning the walls.

No comments: