Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sponsored Links

I use gmail to keep in touch with the world, and, like many free web based services, on the top of my inbox there is a spot for sponsored links. So I will go to them, and maybe look at, buy, or subscribe to something. I get it. It's not really free.

My complaint is not about the fact that the links are there. It is more about the content, because today my link is: "Do You Have Belly Fat?"

Yes. I do. Of course I do. I have four kids, and I like chocolate. But I don't like to think about it. Mostly I like to pretend that I don't have it, and that I look like Beyoncé or Shakira. Not like Bulgy the Whale or the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Now, I can't avoid it, the reality of my body.

I feel so good about myself now.

Thanks, gmail. Thanks a lot.

No comments: