Wednesday, September 17, 2008

5 Things I Love About Paraguay

1. Friendly, friendly people. My spanish is not great, and every time I am certain I don't know what I'm talking about, someone will take the time to help me (whether or not they're able to). When I can't find what I want in the grocery store, when the waiter and I are obviously not communicating, when Noah's profe (teacher) is trying to tell me something important about school, there is always a shopper, patron, mom, or somebody who helps me. Now, if we're talking about Paraguay drivers being friendly, that's another story!

2. The smell of flor de coco during Christmas.

3. The beautiful red earth, green vegetation, and blue sky. All together they are a stunning combination.

4. Trees in the middle of the road. I have said this before, I will say it again: trees in the middle of the road are AWESOME!

5. McDonald's delivery. I know this is not exclusive to Paraguay, and that other restaurants also deliver, and that it is kind of pathetic, but I love McDonald's delivery. For those times (every time) when I'm too lazy to leave the house for my Big Mac Attack! To tell you the truth, in the United States, I didn't even like McDonald's!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about that year round warmth! LOVE the pics of the trees in the road, yes, stunningly beautiful. I am SO jealous!

Sun Productions said...

I like the weather here when it's not summer. It's actually been cool and pleasant for months! Cool here being anywhere below 80 degrees. When it's close to 100 and really humid, I am miserable.

Rita Loca said...

McDonalds delivers???????
And about the drivers...yeah, it's like they are possessed!!!!

Sun Productions said...

I know that they do in Asución. I'm not sure about Luque...I hope they do, because it is fantastic to have McDonald's come to you...it makes it more edible, somehow.

Sun Productions said...

That was nice spelling on the Asunción, no?