Friday, September 19, 2008

Internet Explorer Doesn't Want to Display This Webpage

Every time I go to a new website, my Internet Explorer gives me this: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage...." I then hit refresh and voila, the website.

This makes me feel more like Internet Explorer doesn't want to display the webpage, more than it can't. Or that it is like Sam, when I send him to look for something like his shoes or (insert lost object here). He goes off searching, while the rest of the family shears a sheep, cards and spins the wool, and knits enough sweaters to clothe Bill Cosby during the Cosby Show years, then he returns and says he can't find his shoes or (insert lost object here). If you are a mom, you know the next step. You say, "if I come looking for your shoes or (insert lost object here), and I find them, then you are going to be in TROUBLE!" And then you go and look and find the shoes or (insert lost object here) and you find them where they belong, in the closet, or on top of the nightstand, or in the bathroom. You know, pretty much in plain sight, and in less that 45 seconds.

So what I'm saying is that maybe my page should say: "Internet Explorer is too lazy to look very hard for the webpage, so go find it yourself."

-humorous postscript: When I hit the publish post button I got "Internet Explorer cannot show the webpage." Nice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Internet Explorer?...out!!
Mozilla Firefox 3 | http://www.mozilla-europe.org/es/ - or - Google Chrome | www.google.com/chrome )

Rita Loca said...

I use firefox as well. However, with the internet here, I still time out a lot of times.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're having internet issues. Hopefully, you've got it fixed (or soon!).

Anonymous said...

Hopped on to check on ya - LOVE the new Halloween theme on your page!!

Anonymous said...

1. Where are you?!?
2. Is there Halloween where you are?

Anonymous said...

The Sweet Escape...

1. We live in Asuncion, Paraguay.
2. Not so much, but our kids to to an American school, so they have a huge party at school. The US Embassy also has a party with trick-or-treating for the kids.